Blink Finance Pty Ltd
Blink Finance Pty Ltd, ACN 154 840 123, also trading as Zoom Car Loans (‘BF’, ‘ZCL’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal and credit information (information). In handling your credit information, we are bound by, and comply with, the Privacy Act 1988, the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and the Credit Reporting Privacy Code (Code).
1. Collection and storage of personal information
We collect information from, and about, you to, as appropriate:
• respond to your enquiries about the finance products or insurances we can source for you• assess your credit application and source the finance and insurances you require
• assess the application for finance made by a company of which you are a director
• assess your application to guarantee the repayment of finance we are sourcing
• provide customer support
• promote our products and services
• manage any complaints
We also use the information we collect to:
• manage your application
• develop new products, policies and procedures
• undertake market research
• obtain legal and compliance advice about our obligations
• meet our regulatory and legal obligations
The information we collect may include personal identification, contact details, financial information, lending and default history, banking details, personal and trade references and employment or business history, depending on the relationship you wish to have with us. If you choose not to provide this information, our ability to assist you may be restricted.
Wherever possible, we will collect your information directly from you should you wish us to source finance and insurances for you. We may obtain personal information about you from business partners or participating suppliers, such as your accountant or a credit reporting body, where authorised. Wherever possible we will tell you who we need to contact and why.
We may also collect information from you if you choose to use our website to communicate with us. We will collect the information you provide through our interactive facilities, such as customer enquiry, online finance application or comment forms.
In some circumstances, dealers, accountants, referees, external dispute resolution schemes, your agents and government bodies may provide us with your information. The circumstances in which business partners or participating suppliers provide us with information include purchase or service requirements, finance applications, account management and complaints.
We take steps to protect any information we collect so it will be safeguarded from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, use, disclosure or modification.
The law may require us to retain your personal information for a period of time after our business dealings have finished. It is securely stored and disposed of, or de-identified, when no longer required.
2. Website information collection
When you visit our website, our ISP host records a range of information, including your server address, domain name, the date and time of the visit and the pages viewed. This information may be collected by using cookies which is data sent to your web browser. This allows our site to interact more efficiently with your computer.
When visiting our site, you will not be required to provide us with any personal information unless you request information about our services or respond to a promotion. If you do, we will ask you to provide contact details along with other information required to respond to your contact with us.
We may also retain that information provided for planning purposes. It may also be used for direct marketing purposes unless you tell us you do not wish to receive marketing material.
3. Use and disclosure
We use your information to source the finance and insurances you require, assess your suitability to be a guarantor and perform other functions and activities associated with managing our relationship.
Those functions and activities can include our internal administration, preliminary credit assessment, account management, product or service development, compliance audits/reviews, marketing, complaints management, planning and research requirements as well as future offers to you.
Where you, as an individual, apply for finance through us, or agree to act as a guarantor, you authorise how we may collect, use and disclose your personal and credit information in the Privacy Statement and Consent we ask you to sign before we consider your application for credit or to be a guarantor.
We will disclose your information to business partners or participating suppliers only as the Privacy Act permits and where there is a valid reason to do so. All business partners or participating suppliers must use your information only for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Business partners or participating suppliers may include:
• Prospective credit providers and/or insurers
• Employees, contractors, auditors and advisers
• Credit reporting bodies
• Service providers (e.g. computer systems consultants, document custodians, mailing houses etc) to enable them to perform those services)
• Your agents, including your accountant or legal or financial advisor, where required
• Insurers, insurance brokers and insurance assessors
• Debt collection agencies
• Referees, where authorised
• Companies to which we are related
• Government authorities and law enforcement agencies, as required by law only.
We may also provide your information to, and receive your information from, a credit reporting body (CRB), if you authorise us to obtain a report on your behalf.
Any information shared with, or by, a CRB is held in electronic form, trackable through the CRB or our systems by time, date, account and user.
Where information is provided to our service providers in the following countries: India and Philippines, we require them to comply with our information management policies and procedures, so your information has the same protections as if managed in Australia.
4. Information Access
You can access the personal and/or credit information we hold about you by contacting us in any of the ways shown in (6) below.
You can also access the information the CRB holds about you by contacting them for a copy of that information at:
If any information is incorrect, out of date or incomplete, you have the right to have that information updated and corrected. If, for any valid reason, we refuse to correct your information, we will explain why.
5. Complaints and concerns
Please contact us if you have any complaints or queries about how we manage your information, or you no longer wish to receive marketing materials. You can contact us by mail, phone or email, as listed in (6) below.
If you lodge a complaint, our Internal Dispute Resolution officer will investigate your complaint. We will commence the investigation within 2 days and provide you with a response within 14 days. We will seek your agreement to a longer time if it is needed. We will keep you informed of the investigation process by phone or email at least once a week and provide you with a written response to your complaint within 30 days.
If you do not accept our response, you may take the compliant to our External Dispute Resolution Scheme. Credit and Investments Ombudsman (CIO) contact details are:
Phone: 1800 138 422
Fax: 02 9273 8440
Address: Credit and Investments Ombudsman
PO Box A 252
South Sydney NSW 1235
PRIVACY DISCLOSURE STATEMENT & CONSENT
Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent
- To source for you, or a company of which you are a director:
- Consumer credit for personal, household, domestic or residential investment purposes;
- Commercial credit for business purposes; or
- Other services stated in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent (Consent); or
- To support a guarantor application you will
Your information – Collection and Credit Reporting Body (‘CRB’) Disclosures
- Disclose your identification information to a CRB if you wish us to obtain a report on your behalf;
- Use any information the CRB provides in that report to assist us to preliminarily assess your consumer credit or guarantor application
- Disclose your personal information to an insurer or insurers to source any insurances you wish to obtain
- Disclose your credit information to a credit provider or credit providers to apply for finance on your behalf
- That the CRB may include information the credit provider discloses about you to other credit providers to assess your credit worthiness
- That, if you become overdue in making consumer credit payments or you commit a serious credit infringement, the credit provider may disclose that information to a CRB
- How you can obtain the credit provider’s and/or CRB’s policies about managing your credit information
- Your right to access and/or correct information held about you and to complain about conduct that may breach the privacy and credit reporting laws
- Your right to request a CRB not to undertake pre- screening for purposes of direct marketing by a credit provider
- Your right to request a CRB not to release information about you if you believe you are a victim of fraud
- Us to provide you with all the information we hold about you
- Us to correct the information we hold if it is incorrect
- The CRB not to use your information for direct marketing assessment purposes, including pre-screening
- The CRB to provide you with a copy of the information it holds about you
Disclosure and Consent
- Use your personal and credit information:
- To assess your consumer or commercial credit and/or guarantee application and/or to assess a credit application by a company of which you are a director
- To source any finances you required
- To source any insurances you require
- As the law authorises or requires;
- Disclose to, and obtain from, any prospective credit provider or insurer, information about you that is reasonably necessary to obtain the finance and insurances you require;
- Obtain from, and disclose to, any third party, information about you, the applicant(s) or guarantor(s) that is reasonably necessary to assist you obtain the finance and insurances required;
- Provide your information, including your credit report(s), to one or more of the credit providers specified in the Schedule of Credit Providers below so they can assess
- Provide credit information about you to a guarantor, or prospective guarantor;
- Provide you, or the company of which you are a director, with offers or information of other goods or services we, or any of our associated entities, may be able to provide to you or the company, unless you tell us not to;
- Disclose your personal and credit information to the extent permitted by law to other organisations that provide us with services, such as contractors, agents, printers, mail houses, lawyers, document custodians, securitisers and computer systems consultants or providers, so they can perform those services for us. This includes our overseas service providers in New Zealand, Philippines, India, Singapore and the United States of America; and
- Disclose your personal information to any other organisation that may wish to acquire, or has acquired, an interest in our business or any rights under your contract with us, or the contract with us of a company of which you are a
- A CRB disclosing consumer credit information to one or more credit providers specified in the Schedule of Credit Providers below for the purpose of assessing your application for consumer or commercial credit or your guarantor application, and/or assessing a credit application by a company of which you are a director
- When you are a prospective guarantor, a credit provider using that information to assess your suitability as a guarantor
- A credit provider disclosing your credit information (including information obtained by it from a CRB) to a guarantor, or a prospective guarantor
- A credit provider disclosing to another credit provider, for a particular purpose, information it holds about you
SCHEDULE OF CREDIT PROVIDERS
|Name of Credit Provider||Website|
|Affordable Car Loans||www.affordablecarloans.com.au|
|Alphera Financial Services||www.alphera.com.au|
|Australian Motorcycle and Marine Finance Pty Ltd||www.ammf.com.au|
|Australian Premier Finance||www.australianpremierfinance.com.au|
|Bananacoast Community Credit Union Ltd||www.bcu.com.au|
|Bank of Queensland||www.boq.com.au|
|BOQ Cash Flow Finance||www.boqfinance.com.au|
|Classic Funding Group||www.classicfg.com.au|
|Commercial Equity Group Ltd||www.commercialequitygroup.com.au|
|Fin One Pty Ltd||www.finone.com.au|
|Get Capital Pty Limited||www.getcapital.com.au|
|Greenlight Auto Group (Carboodle)||www.carboodle.com.au|
|Latitude Financial Services Pty Ltd||www.latitudefinancial.com.au|
|Liberty Financial Pty Ltd||www.liberty.com.au|
|Money 3 Loans Pty Ltd||www.money3.com.au|
|Morris Finance Ltd||www.morrisfinance.com.au|
|Moula Money Pty Ltd||www.moula.com.au|
|National Australia Bank||www.nab.com.au|
|National Motor Loans||www.nationalmotorloans.com.au|
|Newstart Auto Loans||www.newstartautoloans.com.au|
|On Deck Capital||www.ondeck.com.au|
|Pepper Australia Pty Ltd||www.pepper.com.au|
|R.A.C.V Finance Limited||www.racv.com.au|
|Service Finance Corporation||www.servicefinance.com.au|
|Specialist Equipment Leasing Finance (selfco)||www.selfco.com.au|
|St George Automotive Finance||www.stgeorge.com.au|
|Wingate Consumer Finance Pty Ltd T/as Now Finance||www.nowfinance.com.au|